2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2007 5:24 AM by bmcguire

Can't embed .avi file

bmcguire
      I am currently using RoboHelp HTML 6 and am having problems with some video files I'm linking to. I'm using the hyperlink tool and selecting multimedia for what I'm linking to. The videos are .avi files. When I create the link and then generate my Help, the links don't work, but if I just view them from the RoboHelp View Selected Item function, the movie opens and plays fine when I click the link.

I tried some troubleshooting of my own before pestering all of you kind folks, and:

Thinking it might be a path length issue (had that before), I moved the project up a level to shorten the path, regenerated and checked the links - no luck.

Thinking RH might be objecting to the spaces in the .avi file names, I renamed all of them with NO spaces in the file names, redid the links, regenerated, and checked the links - no luck.

I've added videos to projects in the past, but with RH X5. What am I missing? I just know it's going to end up being one of those "Duh" moments...

Signed,
      Perplexed in Columbus, Ohio