4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2010 1:13 AM by shooternz

adobe premiere pro cs5:sd to hd converting

STR8 UP MENACE

whats up fellow members

i got a few sd music vids that i would like to convert to 1080p hd.

i have adobe premiere pro cs5,whats tha best way to convert the vids to hd?

• 1. Re: adobe premiere pro cs5:sd to hd converting
          Harm Millaard Level 7

If you are only interested in the music and not the video, and don't care about the image quality, just uprez. If you want anything decent to watch, you need RedGiant's Instant HD Pro plug-in.

• 2. Re: adobe premiere pro cs5:sd to hd converting
            SFL46 Level 3

BorisFX has a BCC filter known as UPREZ.  It resizes and sharpens.  If your SD footage is good quality, the output is usable--obviously its not going to be as good as if it was shot at 1081.  But this is useful tool if the content of the clip is more important that the quality of the clip.

UPREZ is part of the BCC version 7 suite $$$$$$ which is 64 bit and compatible with CS5.  However, they sell this filter separately for $99

• 3. Re: adobe premiere pro cs5:sd to hd converting
              STR8 UP MENACE Level 1

of coures i care bout that quality,i've been killing myself for mounths now trying to turn my sd vids 2 hd.

i went threw lots of converts and software but either tha program/convertor didn't wanna convert tha vids cua there 2 small or tha quailty got raped.

tha video quailty are really good for a sd vids.i wanna make em hd 4 bitter viewing.

i heard that adobe after effects works good with magic bullet instant hd advance.

did anyone try instant hd?,will it give me great results or will it raped tha quailty from my vids?

• 4. Re: adobe premiere pro cs5:sd to hd converting
                shooternz Level 6

Tell  us what you are using as source file(s)

You have been informed that there are plugins that may do a decent conversion for you  but ...

the old saying is ...you can not turn "chicken crap into chicken pie".

Why not trial Instant HD in AEFX or the Boris Up Rez in PPRO.  Then you will know what you are going to get.