So if I understand correctly:
1) you have installed the plguins
2) opened a project using these plugins without "missing plugin error"
3) the plugin in not found in the effect menu & in the Effect & Presset panel
Am I right ?
Whenyou say "old AE" training book, what version was it about ? I'm thinking maybe these 2 plugs are just too old to work with AE CS4 ?
In response to your questions
1. I did not install them. They were installed by CS4. (I have the CS4 premium production suite for Mac)
2. Correct.-- the project that I opened shows the plugin. And the plug-in is fully operational. All the parameters work.
3. Correct--. the plug-ins are not found in the Effect menu, nor the Effects and Presets panel but they are in the Plug-un Folder (see below). This makes me wonder how many more plugins I have that I cannot get access to. I realize that all of the features in the PSClassic and PS LE Classic are probably in the Particle System II, but using the PS Classic was easy and straight forward compared to figuring out all of the parameters in Particle system to get similar results.
If you have CS3 or CS4 you probably have these plugins in your folder also. The last copyright on the book is 2004.
inregards to the Date of the Plugin: I noticed that most of my plugins have that date so i think it must be the date that I instaled AE onto my computer and not the date that the plugin was actually created by the manufacturer.
Ok, I can see what your problem is.
Your AE installation might not be properly serialized. The Cycore plugins only shows up when AE is serialized, and unless you're using a demo version, something went wrong when you registered AE.
Some effects installed with After Effects are obsolete, meaning that the plug-ins are installed and can be used by old projects that were created with these plug-ins, but they can't be applied anew from the Effect menu or Effects & Presets panel. This is normal. This is how we retire old plug-ins without breaking old projects.
Too bad. I like the simplicity of old version. But I guess once I learn how to properly use the new version I'll appreciate the control improvements that have been made to it. -------------Time to hit the manual and grab a cup of coffee.
1 person found this helpful
Not sure if you're still looking as this post is old but I found this buried away on Cycore's site.
Down the bottom is a link to a couple of presets that open up the plugin.
Hope it helps.
This comes in handy, especially since I haven't hit the manual like I was supposed to.