2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2007 2:17 AM by Rit01

CSS Based Design

Rit01
      Hi All

A client of mine is looking for a way to manage content on their website. I have used contribute 3 before but I have found that it isn't too great with CSS based websites.

Does anyone know if the latest version of Contribute supports accessible CSS based websites?... float-based layouts in particular.

Many thanks

Rit
        • 1. Re: CSS Based Design
          phxwebdev Level 1
          I hate to say it, but Contribute's support for CSS is bad. Our organization just started offering Contribute to clients who have a lower budget (those who can't afford our normal, custom CMS tools), and we immediately noticed that Contribute's WYSIWYG doesn't render CSS-based layouts properly. In fact, this is an understatement. Some pure-CSS layouts are completely unintelligible in Contribute--things are all over the place. Therefore, we're forced to use hybrid table/css-based layouts for our Contribute-managed sites.

I'm very surprised that Contribute has this issue... in this day-and-age of purely CSS-based layouts. Personally, I hate the tool (for this, and many other reasons), but alas, our clients have demanded it :*(
          • 2. Re: CSS Based Design
            Rit01 Level 1
            Thanks Bobby.

Rit