Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Disable "Start a new process with this task data"

Level 4

Hi all,

As the title said, I would like to disable the "Start a new process with this task data" function.

Because I find that it will not work with form that have prepare data process, I understand it may be can fix by some modification to the prepare data process, but I just don't have the time at the moment.

Here the screenshot to show what is a "Start a new process with this task data" function in workspace.

new_process.JPG

Regards

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I think your only option is to customize the Worksapce interface.

Sorry.

Jasmin

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I think your only option is to customize the Worksapce interface.

Sorry.

Jasmin

Level 4

Thanks for the answer, good to know what's is available and what is not.

Level 1

Can someone tell me how to turn off the 'Prepare Data' process if one use "Start a new process with this task data"

Level 3

When you enable a Prepare Data process to be used, the following three options become available on the Presentation and Data property panel:

- The user opens the task

- The user opens a draft task

- The user opens a completed task

If you have the third option enabled ('The user opens a completed task') then when you use the 'Start a new proces with this task data' on the Tracking page the prepare data process is invoked.  If you do not want that to happen then ensure that the 'The user opens a completed task' is not enabled on the process start point.

Hope that helps,

Robert

Level 1

I thought so too, but I only have "The user opens the task" checked, and when I "start a new process with this task data" the prepareData process is invoked.

Level 3

After futher investigation it seems this is working as designed.  The prepare data checkbox called 'The user opens a completed task' is when the user opens a completed task in Tracking, not for when the users starts a new process via Tracking.  If you start a new process, via Tracking, and you have the 'The user opens the task' prepare data checkbox enabled then the prepare data will run.

If you modify the data that was added via the prepare data service, at the startpoint, then when you start a new process from Tracking the prepare data process will run and overwrite your changes because the prepare data is supposed to prepare the data in those fields.

However I'm told that in your prepare data process you can check the contents of the fields that are being modified.  If there is data in the fields (this task has already been created) then do nothing.  If there is no data in the fields (this is a new task) then run the prepare data process.

I hope that helps,

Robert