4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2010 3:36 AM by paxosmum

Adobe 9. Agreement and buttons / instructions are in German

paxosmum

I've just started using a new laptop and it is programmed usingI use Window 7. The first time I tried to print a page off a website the Adobe 9. user agreement popped up. Unfortunately it is all in German. Is there anyway I can alter it to english. Grateful for any help

• 1. Re: Adobe 9. Agreement and buttons / instructions are in German
          vsh07 Level 2

What is your OS language?

Please check in Control Panel>Program and Features> you have Adobe Reader 9.x.x or its Adobe Reader 9.x.x-MUI ?

For Accepting User License agreement>Open Reader and when this agreement comes up>press right arrow key (on your keyboard) ONCE and hit enter.Atleast you will be able to read your pdf.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adobe 9. Agreement and buttons / instructions are in German
            paxosmum Level 1

Thankyou vsh07,  I followed your instructions and I have now accepted the licence agreement.I also checked the control panel and all I can find

is adobe reader 9.1 MUI. Has this got something to do with it being in German. Any suggestions to get it changed to English. Thankyou.

• 3. Re: Adobe 9. Agreement and buttons / instructions are in German
              vsh07 Level 2

You are welcome

To change it to english :

Open Reader>Edit>Preference>International> and from the dropdown change Applicatiopn Language (on right) from
              German to English or Same as the operating System(If you have English OS).

Note:You are on 9.1 whereas latest version is 9.3.4.Please do Help>Check for updates to update to latest version of Reader.To know more about MUI Reader ,just have  alook at one of my previous post:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/717639?tstart=30

Please mark this thread as complete if this solution works for you

• 4. Re: Adobe 9. Agreement and buttons / instructions are in German
                paxosmum Level 1

Thank you so much. When I eventually got into preferences ( had to keep consulting a german dictionary to identify the " edit" (bearbeiten), "help" (hilfe)etc)  I managed to change everything to English.

I then went on to do the update. It offered 1 update 9.2 which I have installed.  As you said the latest version is 9.3.4 I went back in to help, check for updates, to see if the 9.2 update had generated an option to update the 9.3.4 update but the only box that came up was in german showing " wird bereits ausgefuhrt" which as far as I can make out means " is already gone out". This box was not referring to any particular update.  I went back into other pages on Adobe and they are all in English. So my original question has been fully answered and I will keep trying to get the updates. Thanks a lot for your help vsh07

.paxosmum