7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2010 9:39 AM by giannis72str

problem with exporting multi sequence project

giannis72str Level 1

Hello,

I have made a project (film) which duration is 134 minutes and it consits of multiple sequences.

When I am at the final sequence (that is the sequence I have imported all the other sequences) and I am trying to export just a small part of this final sequence, I get the error message that Adobe Premiere encounterd a problem and it will terminate.

But when I am going to the original sequence and try to expost exactly the same clips, I get no problem.

So, Adobe Premiere can export an original sequence but it cannot export a final sequence, where all the original sequences have been edited.

Am I doing something wrong?

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thank you

Giannis

• 1. Re: problem with exporting multi sequence project
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Please give us much more information. Operating system, details of computer system, details of footage?

Have you installed the Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update? That update fixes a lot of problems.

• 2. Re: problem with exporting multi sequence project
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Just to make sure that I am clear on what you are doing, let me restate, and then correct me, where I have gone wrong:

You have multiple Sequences in your Project.

You have nested these into a "master" Sequence.

You now have used the WAB to Export just a portion of that "master" Sequence, and get the error message.

Is that correct?

Also, Todd's questions will be very important too.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: problem with exporting multi sequence project
              giannis72str Level 1

Exactly!! I am trying to export a part of the master Sequence (which contains nested sequences), from file-export and again export not add in que for media encoder. For the primary sequences that works but for the master sequence, it does not. I have the latest version of Adobe Premiere. Maybe it is not the right way to export projects with multible sequences?

I have a four core prossesor i7 intel

16GB ram

Quadro FX4800 graphic card and everything is working perfectly so far.....

I don't want to take all the clips from the sequences and place them to one, because I may encounter sync problems.

Do I have to work differently with nested sequences?

Thanks!!

• 4. Re: problem with exporting multi sequence project
                wonderspark Level 1

I am anxious to hear the answer to this, as I cannot export nested sequences in CS3, either. I have to export straight sequences and line them up to accomplish my goal.

• 5. Re: problem with exporting multi sequence project
                  giannis72str Level 1

What I want is to export a Master Sequence (which is composed by smaller sequences, all of the same settings) into one sigle video .

Is that possible?

• 6. Re: problem with exporting multi sequence project
                    wonderspark Level 1

I don't think it's possible, but here's my workaround: I have ten scenes in a ~100 minute movie, each scene in its own sequence. I nested them into a master sequence, with title transitions between, but this won't export as a single movie file in H.264. So I move my titles to their respective scene sequences, and export each scene separately. These export fine. I drop those into a timeline in Encore, and they burn to Blu-ray with no problems. I can even remove or move the chapter points in the Encore timeline any way I wish.  I'm used to single movie exports myself, so this was new to me, lining clips up on an Encore timeline...but it works.  Hopefully, someone can answer definitively if it's not possible to export nested sequences, or if we are doing something else wrong.  I'm on a 3.33GHz quad core with 16GB RAM also, even using 3-disc hardware RAID, and my single file export always crashes Premiere during second pass of VBR 2-pass export.   Good luck!

• 7. Re: problem with exporting multi sequence project
                      giannis72str Level 1

All of a sudden, I have no problem and I can export the master se

quence into a video. Premiere doesn't crash. I made a disc

defragmantation. Is the picture quality more poor if I export a nested sequence in an other sequence, than exporting directly from the original sequence?

Thank you.