4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2010 5:00 PM by the_wine_snob

How do I delete or fix a single frame?

imsam67 Level 1

Hi,

My camcorder (Canon Vixia HF200) has a 2GB limit on files -- as a result of FAT32 file system that it uses. So if I'm shooting in HD, I end up with multiple files for a single item that I shot continuously.

I imported my footage (2 files) into PrE 8 and they seem to line up fine except for a single bright red frame. How do I delete this single frame? Or is there a better way to fix this?

Thanks,

Sam

• 1. Re: How do I delete or fix a single frame?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Your camcorder has a 2 gig file limit? Are you sure about that? That's only about an 8 minute video!

In any event, yes, you can easily trim away a frame of video in Premiere Elements by zooming in on your timeline all the way by moving the slider along the top of the timeline or using the + key. Once you're that close, you can see the individual frames and easily remove the ones you don't want.

• 2. Re: How do I delete or fix a single frame?
            imsam67 Level 1

Steve,

Thank you for your help. It's amazing how newbies like myself can't think of such simple techniques. And thank God you guys are here and kind enough to offer a helping hand.

The limitation is a file size limitation, not on video length. If I were to shoot a long footage, say 1 hour, on one go, I'd simply end up with multiple files even though I kept my finger on the trigger -- so to speak -- the whole time.

I wasn't too happy about this limitation so I called the tech support. They confirmed it as "normal" behavior. The reason behind it is the inherent limitation of FAT32 file system that the camcorder is using while saving files on SD cards. Reformatting SD cards doesn't seem to be solution either because the camcorder is expecting to see a FAT32 based card.

Thanks again for your help.

Sam

• 3. Re: How do I delete or fix a single frame?
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Once again, Sam, my books offer virtually all of this information. Ordering one could save you asking a lot of questions -- and could ultimately save you a lot of work and aggravation.

• 4. Re: How do I delete or fix a single frame?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Sam,

I'd like to offer a "second" to Steve's books. Especially with a program, like PrE, where there is not a full manual, the books are great.

I have several, and always find new things, that he's covered.

To supplement his PrE basic books, he has a Tips & Tricks book too. I have not picked that one up yet, but will do so

Take a look at Muvipix.

Hunt