1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 13, 2010 6:32 PM by Tai Lao

DNG Conversion Fails in Camera Download

Film4Now Level 1

I've been using Photoshop CS4, Bridge and ACR for about a year.  I was sold on the Adobe rationale for converting to DNG and have been doing so using the convenient check box on the Photodownloader screen.  It has worked fine the entire time - until now.  Suddenly that no longer works: although the DNG conversion box is checked Bridge only downloads the raw NEF files and reports at the end that it the DNG conversion failed on all of the photos that were downloaded.

So - here is what I've tried:

- Rebooted my Windows XP computer ( dual core - which has 4GB of RAM).  Same results - no conversion

- Reinstalled Photoshop CS4 - and everything on the disk.  Same results - no conversion

- Downloaded version 5.7 of Camera Raw (just found out there is a 5.9).  However that seems to only update camera profiles - and doesn't change the version that displays on the Camera Raw preferences menu:  5.0.0.178.  Same results - no conversion.

- Finally I downloaded the free DNG converter.  It works, but I would much prefer to have the download program work

Any clues to solving this will be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: DNG Conversion Fails in Camera Download
          Level 4

Film4Now wrote:

…version 5.7 of Camera Raw (just found out there is a 5.9)…

??? !!!   Where?  

Film4Now wrote:

… the version that displays on the Camera Raw preferences menu:  5.0.0.178…

That proves you did not install 5.7 correctly and you failed to remove the old 5.0 plug-in.

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了