4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2010 8:02 AM by BigJohnD

Ruler marks are off 1/16" when I print... need help.

Steven Schreiner Level 1

I am using PageMaker 7 on a Dell 8300 running Windows XP.

I am printing on two printers:

HP Photosmart 5580

HP Color Laserjet 2550n

I am attempting to make booklets in PageMaker and print them on my Laser printer.

When I make a booklet it is on 8 1/2" X 11" standard letter stock. I split the page in half to print landscape, making the booklet 5 1/2" X 8 1/2".

When I line up my master pages, I put a guide at the halfway mark on the ruler (5 1/2") and draw a black line there (using snap to ruler), so that when I print out the pages, I have a mark for cutting my page in half.

Here is my problem: When I print on the laser printer, my center mark is 1/16" off to the left, so when I cut, the pages are not equal.

When I print the same page on the inkjet, the marks are fine... dead center.

BUT... I print my covers on a different program, Freehand MX. Same center dividers with the program's rulers. When I print the covers on either printer, they come out fine.

It is only the PageMaker file printed on the laserjet that is off. So, I believe my problem is with the program and not with the printer. I really need these pages to allign up right according to the ruler marks.

I would be extremely grateful fo any help anyone could offer.

Thank you,

Steven