5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2010 9:29 PM by shooternz

Media Browser does not update folders ..

shooternz Level 6

WIN 7 , CS5

Anyone else observed that the Media Browser Pane / window does not always update folders in an open project when new material has been introduced to a local drive/ folder. eg bring in new material to a local drive/folder from a  source such as a flash stick

In CS4 I was aware of it also , but it would update by clicking off the folder (or drive)  into another and then coming back to the original folder.

The work around is to open the folder / drive in Explorer and import (drag) to the project bin directly.

• 1. Re: Media Browser does not update folders ..
          dradeke Adobe Employee

What if you click out of the exact folder and then click back into it - does it update?

• 2. Re: Media Browser does not update folders ..
            shooternz Level 6

No it doesnt.

What it does do is show the new Folder in the right hand Pane but it cant be opened to see the files.

I am still trying to get a handle and enough evidence on this "issue"

If this helps at all Dennis.

I frequently plugin a flash stick to ingest a file from...  during an edit. (eg a .psd)

Open the Flash stick folder and drag or copy / paste to a Local Drive media folder  eg "F:/Client Graphics"

Go to Media Browser and the new file does not show or I can not get into the folder. Folders can be opened in the right pane usually.

I will add that if I create an intermediate or a file in AEFX or P.S and save it to a location...I believe that I can always find that in Media Browser. (Will check that out more today.)

• 3. Re: Media Browser does not update folders ..
              SFL46 Level 3

I m using Win 7 and CS5 PrPro.  My experience has been that media browser does update the folder contents when I have brought an image file from a network drive to a local file.  Actually, the first time I did this I was surprised that it had updated automatically--because I don't see this behavior in the windows explorer--which I have to request refresh.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Media Browser does not update folders ..
                Colin Brougham Level 6

I tried as many different combinations as I could think of--duplicating/copying/moving a file, all kinds of files, different sources/destinations--and I couldn't replicate this behavior. Regardless of whether I had Media Browser open to the desired folder or not, files always populated immediately.

Wonder if maybe it's something peculiar to the OS, instead of Premiere...? Any file utilities or operations running elsewhere?

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Media Browser does not update folders ..
                  shooternz Level 6

Thank you both for your efforts.

I need to keep an eye on this a bit more to see what may be the issue for me.

As I said before. Work I do in AEFX and PS "populate" immediately and I have access to them.  I verified that today.