0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2010 7:03 AM by Marcos J Pinto

Migrating from Progress to LC Output ES - create a presentation

Marcos J Pinto Level 1

Hello  there!

I´m really hoping someone could help me here... 

First of all, I´m trying to start my first steps into LiveCycle realm and I´m still overwhelmed by so many different modules and possibilities. So mostly I can only guess what modules to use and how...

Well, here´s my present challenge: there is this client who is presently running a system based on Progress to generate thousands of PDF documents, something like 30 thousand documents of all kinds. It´s an insurance company. He´s complaining the solution is heavy and slow; so someone told him to investigate what Adobe has to offer. And so he came to me...

What he wants:

- a better solution to create his PDFs that is not so heavy

- he wants me to create a presentation about a solution to his problem

I don´t know exactly where to start... I imagine LC Output ES is the module he needs... also some processes should be created in Workbench... his data is stored in databases and part of it comes from info filled in by uses online...

Another difficulty (for me, at least) is I lack the knowledge about this Progress to be able to evaluate if LC is faster or not... Or if we will be offering a solution that won´t make his processes run faster...

Anybody.... help!