4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2010 11:39 AM by PauloFigueiredo

text disappears

skibunny2k812

i have a flash that was created by someone else that is used in my companies website. when i go into the flash file and edit the text, color and font only, portions of the text disappears when i got to preview the flash. the flash text is in a seperate text document.

i am trying to figure this out so that i can get my companies website up and going.

• 1. Re: text disappears
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

are you using cs5?  if yes, are you using tlf textfields?

and what do you mean by, "when i got to preview the flash. the flash text is in a seperate text document."?

• 2. Re: text disappears
            skibunny2k812 Level 1

yes i'm using cs5. i'm new to this so if i don't know what you are talking about, please bare with me. the way my flash is set up, i have a .fla file that has like place holders for the text. the text is actually entered into a different file that is then linked to the .fla. i did not create the files. we purchased a website background from a web designer. it comes with instructions and such. it says you can go into the .fla and edit the text color and font.

i have 5 lines of text in my flash. i want only one line to be a different font while the others stay the same. and all 5 stay the same color. but when i change the font of the one line i want different, it will not play when i go to file > publish preview > flash. when you go there it brings up a box that previews you flash. well when i preview it, the line i changed to a different font type is not there.

and i'm sorry but i don't know what tlf textfields are.

• 3. Re: text disappears
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

when you open that fla is there a message about missing fonts and a dialogue box that lets you choose substitute fonts for the missing ones?

• 4. Re: text disappears
                PauloFigueiredo

Check the embeded fonts.