3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2010 1:00 PM by xbytor2

Batch/Script 3D Model

Bloobeet

Hello,

I have a Model/Scene in PS/CS5 and I'm looking to batch multiple versions with a different texture map applied to each.

Here's the basic actions:

Open "Model" / Load texture "Name_01" from list / Rasterize / Export as PNG using texture file's naming convention, "Name_01" / Repeat...

This appears to be outside PS actions to accomplish.

Any thoughts or scripting gurus to recommend?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Batch/Script 3D Model
          xbytor2 Level 4

Can you record an action that does what you want for a particular model and texture?

If you can, it can be scripted. I bashed on the 3D stuff a bit and know that it has some quirks which is why I can't say without testing.

• 2. Re: Batch/Script 3D Model
            Bloobeet Level 1

xbytor2 wrote:

Can you record an action that does what you want for a particular model and texture?

Yes, but not entirely. I've got two hurdles...

1. I'm referencing a new texture file for each instance of my model and using that texture file's naming convention as the final exported PNG. I realize that I could do a batch rename after the fact, so this is not my main issue.

2. When doing this to a single file I can record an action for everything, but...

Since the batch of files I'm processing is referenced in the middle of my action (Load "Name_01" as a new texture for model), I don't see how to interpret it into a workable batched script.

This may require a combination of PS and Automator scripts, but that may be getting too heady for me alone.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

• 3. Re: Batch/Script 3D Model
              xbytor2 Level 4

Email me a copy of the single-file action and I'll see what can be done.