9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2010 5:02 AM by Ibarim

LinkBar enable/disable problem

Ibarim Level 1

I got a LinkBar and a ViewStack connected.

I got some forms on a viewstack component. When user edit these forms I want the LinkBar to be disabled. When user finish I want to enable it back, but I cannot set LinkBar's button to indicate that it is selected.

<mx:LinkBar id="myLinkBar" selectedIndex="1" dataProvider="myViewStack"/>

<mx:ViewStack id="myViewStack" >

<mx:myComponent/>

<mx:myComponent2>

<mx:Button id="myButt" label="Edit" click="editForms()" />

<mx:Form id="myForm"......

....</mx:Form>

</mx:myComponent2>

</mx:ViewStack>

<mx:Script>

<![CDATA[

private function editForms():void {

if (myButt.label=="Edit") {

myForm.editable=true;

myLinkBar.enabled=false

myButt.label="Save"

} else if (myButt.label=="Save"){

myFrom.editable=false;

myLinkBar.enabled=true;

myButt.label="Edit"

myLinkBar.selectedIndex=1;  //this component is visible, but I want the button of index 1 to be pressed

}

}

In above example when myLinkBar is enabled (after pressing 'Save' button) it shows current viewStack component (myComponent2), but the LinkBar's button itself is not pressed. When I press the button, which has index=1 I got error:

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert mx.skins.halo::HaloBorder@2677401 to mx.controls.Button.
      at mx.controls::LinkBar/hiliteSelectedNavItem()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\frame work\src\mx\controls\LinkBar.as:525]
      at mx.controls::LinkBar/clickHandler()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\ mx\controls\LinkBar.as:598]

Furhtermore: when I set different selectedIndex (not the one, that is current, i.e. selectedIndex=0) everything works fine - the button of index specified (0) is pressed and no error occurs.