3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2010 5:12 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 7 Crashing

Cave creations

Good day,

I have been going through the forums looking for an answer, but I am yet to come up with the right solution.

My system: Dell Precision PWS 390 Intel Core TM 2 CPU 6400 @ 213 Ghz, 2.00 GB Ram. Microsoft XP Version 2002 Service Pack 3

Graphics Card Quadro FX550 (Which I have made sure is up to date)

Have been using Premiere elements 7 for over a year now.

What has changed is that I am now importing files from two new cameras.

I usually first download the files to my hard drive and then bring the file into PE.

I downloaded G-spot as recommended on another thread and found out the file type that seems to be giving the problem:

(From Camera Fuji FinePix HS10)

qt : Apple QuickTime (.MOV/QT)
      - ####: <unknown>
      File Type: QuickTime (.MOV)
      Mime Type: video/quicktime
      Recommended Display Size: 1920 x 1080

This comes into PE with a frame rate of 29.97 fps

I updated Apple QuickTime as recommended too.

However once the file is place on the timeline in PE the audio plays correctly, but the footage is slowed up.

The main problem however,  is that as soon as I go into the Edit Tab and Click on project, the error message: low on memory, proceed with caution - appears and usually this is then followed by automatic shut down of PE.

I also tried using Digital Media convertor to convert the MOV files to avi ones, but the same error message appeared.

I have all my scatch disks and cache folders set to my external hard drive (Fujitsu Siemens) which has 150 Gigs free space

The other files are from an Ollympus Tough 6020 - file:

MSNV: MPEG-4 (.MP4) for SonyPSP
      - mp42: MP4 v2 [ISO 14496-14]
      - isom: MP4 Base Media v1 [IS0 14496-12:2003]
      Recommended Display Size: 1280 x 720
      This comes into PE with a frame rate of 30 fps

Can you combine these two formats into one movie - I am sure I did it on my last project without the system crashing constantly.

Any help would be very much appreciated!