2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2010 6:56 AM by steesfoy

Lost 2 days of work in my MXML!

steesfoy

Hi all, for the last 2 days I've been working on a small web app for work. It had 1 MXML & 1 AS file in the project as well as a bunch of PHP classes etc for services.

Today, I opened up FB to find that my Functions.as file has everything I wrote up to when I shut down yesterday but my Main.mxml is almost totally blank - it just has the standard few tags that appear with any brand new mxml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009" 
                        xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark" 
                        xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" minWidth="955" minHeight="600">
           <fx:Declarations>
                <!-- Place non-visual elements (e.g., services, value objects) here -->
           </fx:Declarations>
      </s:Application>

I had written alot more than that! I'd been running & debugging repeatedly using my local WAMP server and the SWFs etc are still there - so I'm not imagining all this! Also as further proof of my sanity, the modified date on my AS file is 16:45 yesterday - which is as I expect because that is when I shut down but that MXML (snippet above) has a modified time yesterday at 10:46! I'd been making changes right up until 16:45 so I'm wondering this:

Is it possible that I was actually editing a MXML file located somewhere else on my system and that file had somehow got attached to my Flex project?? I'm searching my entire drive now for any MXML files but it's not showing up anything useful.

Just wondered if anyone else has any ideas or thinks I've just gone mad!?

Cheers,

Steve