2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2010 9:52 PM by Steve L Walker

    Form submitting data as xdp rather than xml

    bilimam Level 1

      Hi all, I was playing around with the "myFirstApp" sample that comes with the LC server. I was invoking it through workbench, and trying to pass regular xml as the data rather than invoking it through workspace, data which looked like this;

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <LoanApp>
             <Name>LiveCycle</Name>   
             <LoanAmount>250000</LoanAmount>
             <PhoneOrEmail>1231231234</PhoneOrEmail>
             <ApprovalStatus>Approved</ApprovalStatus>
      </LoanApp>

      But I noticed that when it went through my process, I couldn't properly access the values in the data. The data would be properly prepopulating the forms, but I wasn't able to access the input data in a setvalue.

      I then took a look at the data as it is submitted out of form, and I was surprised to see the data in an xdp structure, even though I had specifically put the button on the form to submit xml data;

      <xdp:xdp xmlns:xdp="http://ns.adobe.com/xdp/" xmlns:dd="http://ns.adobe.com/data-description/" xmlns:xfa="http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-data/1.0/" timeStamp="2010-09-15T14:47:46Z" uuid="0cd97b74-19dd-4d69-9e22-42cc45783bea">
      <xfa:datasets>
               <xfa:data>
                   <LoanApp>
                       <Name>LiveCycle</Name>
                       <LoanAmount>250000</LoanAmount>
                       <PhoneOrEmail>1231231234</PhoneOrEmail>
                       <ApprovalStatus>Approved</ApprovalStatus>
                   </LoanApp>
               </xfa:data>
               <dd:dataDescription dd:name="LoanApp">
                   <LoanApp>
                       <Name dd:minOccur="0" dd:nullType="exclude"/>
                       <LoanAmount dd:minOccur="0" dd:nullType="exclude"/>
                       <PhoneOrEmail dd:minOccur="0" dd:nullType="exclude"/>
                       <ApprovalStatus dd:minOccur="0" dd:nullType="exclude"/>
                   </LoanApp>
               </dd:dataDescription>
           </xfa:datasets>
      </xdp:xdp>


      I've also made sure that the xml input variable did NOT have the "Store form data as xdp" option selected. I'm totally confused as to what else could have changed the submitted data to xdp. The schema that I've placed as for the input structure is for the xml data, not the xdp, and I'd much rather deal with xml than xdp data throughout my process. I've attached the lca in case any of you could take a quick look.