5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2010 10:41 PM by kglad

Remodeling designer application.

ns881488

Just had a simple question I am new to flash and what it can do.  I am looking to have a program developed sush as the virtual designer type program.  Where as I can basically upload a photo of an interior or exterior of a home and then choose different materials for the walls or siding, etc.  The thing is I am not sure if flash is the program that would handle this sort of thing or if I should be looking somewhere else.  There is an example available on my website NJ remodeling contractor .  You will see a link to the designer app I am talking about at the top under the latest news.  The only problem with this application is that it was suppose to allow me to use my own images and allow my remodeling customers to go on and make changes to their photo.  This option is still unavailable so I was looking into just having the application built.  If anybody can point me in the right direction would be great.  Is this something that I would use Flash for, or is there something else I should be looking at?

• 1. Re: Remodeling designer application.
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

the "launch home designer" link is what you're trying to reference?

• 2. Re: Remodeling designer application.
            ns881488 Level 1

Yes the actual link is to the application is http://www.revisionpro.com/vanguard-builders.  Sorry about that sometimes the application loads ok sometimes it loads like a snail.  It is however out of my control how it loads, but I have been searching for some example of something similar that is done with flash.  I have seen a BMW application where you can change the color of the car and add differernt rims.  I am not planning on tackeling this myself it is well beyond my means, I am just trying to get an idea of how it will be done.

• 3. Re: Remodeling designer application.

your link doesn't work for me.  i see my cursor replaced by a movieclip of a clock and nothing else.

but, in general, the color changes etc are done using seperate movieclips for each part that needs customization.  so, for the bmw example there would be a movieclip showing only the wheels.  there would be a different movieclip for each style wheel.

• 4. Re: Remodeling designer application.
                ns881488 Level 1

yea some people have a problem with the link.  Anyway this is a little different then the bmw example I used,  because there would dozens of different swatches to use then it has to be apllied - repeated and scaled to that surface.  It also has to be able to detect the scale like perhaps I could draw a line on the photo and specify the length of it to kind of calibrate the scale.  Then there would be different perspective so the images would have to skew and distort based on the angle of the wall.  If flash is the program that can do this how much would an application like this cost.

• 5. Re: Remodeling designer application.

that depends on the details.  if you want to discuss hiring me to do this for you, send me an email via:  www.kglad.com