1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 16, 2010 12:55 AM by Dominic Michael

I get an error message that you can't perform this operation

explorertrouble

My client gets an error message that "You can't perform this operation on this page now because someone (me) is currently editing or reviewing it." But I'm not. What is going wrong?

• 1. Re: I get an error message that you can't perform this operation
          Dominic Michael Adobe Employee

Please ask your client to clear Contribute preference once and try the same scenario.

Here are the steps how to clear the Contribute Preferences:

For Mac, Contribute CS5
          1) Quit Contribute.
          2) (a) Go to "user/Library/Preferences" and delete the file "Adobe Contribute 6 Preferences".
          (b) Go to "user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/" remove "Contribute CS5".

For Mac, Contribute CS4
          1) Quit Contribute.
          2) (a) Go to "user/Library/Preferences" and delete the file "Adobe Contribute 5 Preferences".
          (b) Go to "user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/" remove "Contribute CS4".
          If you use CS3, then delete "Adobe Contribute 4.1 Preferences" and "Contribute CS3" folder.

For Win, Contribute CS5
          1) Quit Contribute.
          2) From Command prompt run the below two commands to remove the preferences
          a) reg delete "HKCU\Software\Adobe\Contribute 6" /f
          b) RD /S /Q "%Userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Contribute CS5"  

For Win, Contribute CS4
          1) Quit Contribute.
          2) From Command prompt run the below two commands to remove the preferences
          a) reg delete "HKCU\Software\Adobe\Contribute 5" /f
          b) RD /S /Q "%Userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Contribute CS4"

For CS3
          a) reg delete "HKCU\Software\Adobe\Contribute 4.1" /f
          b) RD /S /Q "%Userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Contribute CS3"

Note: when you clear the preference all the existing connections will be lost. The connections needs to be recreated.

Hope this helps you.