3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2010 9:51 AM by Günter Schenk

IE causing errors on a PHP page - please help

BigG2009 Level 1

Hi There

I have built the following site but for one reason or another it keeps throwing an error back when you submit your brochure request (however only on IE). Can anyone shed any light on why this might be happening please and ideally a way around it.

http://www.voltcreative.co.uk/contact.php/

Regards

G
      _____

• 1. Re: IE causing errors on a PHP page - please help
          Günter Schenk Level 4

Have been testing this page with both IE8 and Google Chome, and the result was the same : no "errors" except that the page verify.php was loaded which contains the same form and the same layout. Is this the error you meant, and if yes, what´s supposed to happen instead ?

Cheers,

Günter

P.S. such questions should rather be posted in the regular Dreamweaver Application Development forum. The current forum deals with questions which are related to the Dreamweaver extension ADDT, which generates non-standard PHP code and has been discontinued over a year ago, that is, the number of fellow forum participants is much larger in the regular Dreamweaver forums.

• 2. Re: IE causing errors on a PHP page - please help
            BigG2009 Level 1

Hi Gunter

The verify.php is supposed to send the email form a specified email address - but when using the site on IE it keeps crashing and giving and error.  May I send you a screen shot to see what you think?

G

• 3. Re: IE causing errors on a PHP page - please help
              Günter Schenk Level 4

Hi G.

BigG2009 wrote:

May I send you a screen shot to see what you think?

I suggest doing this:

a) posting in the regular Dreamweaver Application Development forum

b) attaching the screenshot to your post

c) uploading the "verify.php" page code (that is, a text-only version of that page like "verify.txt") somewhere on your server and provide a link to this file, so that others can have a look at the code and thus may be able to spot the error.

You can of course do all that in a follow-up post in this forum if you prefer, but as I´m obviously currently the only person in here who replies to posts from other users, it´s probably not the best solution.

Cheers,

Günter