My Beta expired for Flex3. I was unaware that Flex 2 users
could use a serial to extend their beta. Instead I disabled the
Flex 3 plugin and reinstalled Flex 2. After the change eclipse
essentially broke down. I had a number of errors, I wish I had
recorded them, that I assumed may have been related to another
plugin. After hours of working on this I decided to scrap my
existing eclipse install and start from scratch.
After reinstalling everything worked fine, until I installed
Flex 2. It complained that my serial number was not valid and my
trial was expired. I continued to receive errors in Eclipse. After
reinstalling the Flex 3 trial, this time using my Flex 2 serial,
everything is back to normal.
If I have the time I will try to duplicate this behavior.
Unfortunately I am a few hours behind schedule :)