3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2007 3:54 PM by dgtjce

can't draw a rectangle!

dgtjce
      I've had Fireworks 8 for more than a year, and just the other day this problem started: I can't draw a rectangle with sharp corners.

I am selecting the normal rectangle tool, not the rounded corners tool. As I drag my mouse to make the rectangle, the rounded corners value starts counting up and usually ends at 100 before I'm done drawing the rectangle. If I draw the rectangle really quickly, I'll end up with a value of 83 or something.

I work around this problem by resetting the rounded corners value to 0 each time. I can still work, but it's a pain to reset to 0 each time I try to draw a box.

Does anyone know how to fix?
        • 1. Re: can't draw a rectangle!
          Level 7
          Are you holding any of the arrow keys while dragging the rectangle ?

dgtjce wrote:
          > I've had Fireworks 8 for more than a year, and just the other day this problem
          > started: I can't draw a rectangle with sharp corners.
          >
          > I am selecting the normal rectangle tool, not the rounded corners tool. As I
          > drag my mouse to make the rectangle, the rounded corners value starts counting
          > up and usually ends at 100 before I'm done drawing the rectangle. If I draw the
          > rectangle really quickly, I'll end up with a value of 83 or something.
          >
          > I work around this problem by resetting the rounded corners value to 0 each
          > time. I can still work, but it's a pain to reset to 0 each time I try to draw a
          > box.
          >
          > Does anyone know how to fix?
          >
          • 3. Re: can't draw a rectangle!
            dgtjce Level 1
            I wasn't holding down the arrow key deliberately, but I wiggled my arrow keys to make sure and now it works! So my arrow key must've been stuck somehow. Thanks for the tip!