Try disabling all the Add-Ons for IE and try the reinstall.
Also , which version of IE are you using ?
Please let me know if this works ?
Thank you for your quick response. I did disable all Adobe pdf programs in
Add-Ons in IE8. I still get the same error which is shown here:
Thank you for your help.
Delete the entire Browser Helper Object key from the following path:
Delete this entire BHO key/folder from Explorer.
Also check if this BHO folder exists under
Check if this works.
Thank you. I now have Reader 9.3.4 installed and running.
Your first suggestion of turning off the Add-Ons in IE8 finally worked after
I finally performed this in the right place: I found that the Manage Add-Ons
under Tools in IE* has only a partial list of the Add-Ons. However, under
Accessories> System Tools > 'Explorer (without Add-Ons)' has a more complete
list, which is what I finally used.
Thank you again very much for your help!