3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2010 11:06 AM by Nick_eorigin

animated buttons pointing to the same link

Nick_eorigin

Hi there.

I am working on our new website and have purchased an animated flash template. I have very limited experience of Flash and use Dreamweaver as my every day web tool.

I have modified most of the template but have a frustration with some animated buttons pointing to the same page even though I think i have programmed CS5 to point it to different pages. In the middle of each page is 3 boxes which have 3 Read me buttons... each should point to a different page.

www.eorigin.co.uk/flash

It has absolutely got me beaten. I have copied the buttons and their animations, renamed all elements of the button but something is clearly linking them together.

I would be grateful for any pointers?

Thanks in advance

Nick

• 1. Re: animated buttons pointing to the same link
          learn n leverage Level 3

Hi,

It seems the same button is used thrice in the website. If you have made a copy of them then you need to give a different instance name to them and the changed instance name should be used in the script(In the Actions panel, you need to make a copy of the script that corresponds to the button action that redirects to a different page and change the instance name & the URL it should point to)

Thanks!

ps: please mark this post as Answered if this is of help to you

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: animated buttons pointing to the same link
            Nick_eorigin Level 1

hi thank you for your response

I have copied and renamed the button instances along with their various layers pointing at motions and the action URL link.

each layer is called something different. But it seems I am missing something that is connecting all 3 together.

For example:

Each button is comprised of;

button_ (containing 8 layers)

txt_button_

mc_txt_ (this is where the options for link come up)

if i copy these 3 and rename them... when it comes to the mx_txt_copy and i point that to a different URL it does not change the actual button URL

i am sorry if this is a stupid question but its driving me mad.

Thanks

again

Nick

• 3. Re: animated buttons pointing to the same link
              Nick_eorigin Level 1

hi there.

i have managed to use the

// Attach to frame

button2.onRelease = function () {

getURL("risk.html", "_self");

};

action on the first frame of each button layer
              it stops the animation but the button at least works! (havent built the pages yet mind!)
              how can i get the original animated buttons to work? i have renamed each button instance on a different layer but that just doesnt work.
              thanks
              nick