10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2010 3:37 PM by timthompsonguitar

Audio not synched with my video, new memory 24 gigs

timthompsonguitar Level 1

Hi:

CS5 Premier Pro

I just installed 24 gigs of memory in my i7 920 computer with 5 hard drives. Now my audio is lightly ahead of my video. What am I doing wrong?

Virtual disk settings?

Scratch disk settings?

Video card is: Gforce 9800 GT

Thanks

• 1. Re: Audio not synched with my video, new memory 24 gigs
          Studio North Films Level 3

HI,

Are you running the latest update of 5.02, if so try and create a new project and import the files into the new project nad see if that helps.

Baz

• 2. Re: Audio not synched with my video, new memory 24 gigs
            Bob Dix Photographer Level 2

You've probably, accidentally moved the audio from the video on the timeline, re align. We have been using a new NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800 and it happened with a jazz music clip .I just thought it was my sloppy editing in Premiere Pro. I just moved the audio on the timeline from the end on the clip to line up, and it was perfect. i do not think it is the video card or computer, just tired unprofessional editing technique. We have 12 Gb Ram , not that i am sure ? On a i7 Professional Workstation Quad Core ?

Let me know if you find other wise ?

• 3. Re: Audio not synched with my video, new memory 24 gigs

Actually, that was fhe first thing I thought of. It was on a clip that I hadn't edited. I checked to see if I had unlinked it but I hadn't. Also, I noticed it after I installed the new memory today. I've gone through so many debugging things I can't remember exactly where I'm at. My system is getting better with each addition, but it's been expensive. I think the video card might not be stout enough for what I'm doing. There maybe something else but I hesitate to delve full on into this project before I solve all these problems. Thanks for you help!

Wow, I just had to edit my post because I left out the "i" in doing and it did this to the word "****"

Tim

• 5. Re: Audio not synched with my video, new memory 24 gigs
                mintyh Level 1

If you're using AIFF audio and haven't applied the 5.02 update, your audio will be out of sync. The 5.02 update will fix it, but I'd suggest manually applying it- the auto update sent my app back to trial status (which seems to have happened for a few people).

Cheers,

Minty

• 6. Re: Audio not synched with my video, new memory 24 gigs

Thanks but the audio I'm using at present is what the camera recorded. I'm still mainly dealing with video issues. I recorded separate audio which I'll import later but for now, I thought it was strange that my audio and video were out of sync.

I just picked up a GTX-470. I'm downloading the latest driver to see how that does.

Multi-Camera mode so far sucks. Now I'm got a fire breathing dragon for hardware and it still doesn't work that good.

• 7. Re: Audio not synched with my video, new memory 24 gigs

I'm wondering if I should update my bios. To date, I've done the following:

Upgraded  from 6 gigs of ram to 24 gigs of DDR3 1600

Added three hard drives with two of them on Raid 0. Total is 5 hard drives

Just picked up a PNY GTX-470 display adaptor

Upgraded to CS5

This thing should be halling ***! But Multi-Camera mode is still very sluggish.

Video files are MXF files. I import them as P2 files. Theat's how they show up in the media browser.

Using Mercury Playback Engine, GPU Ecceleration

Here is the properties of one of my video files:

3826YW.mxf
                    Type: P2 Movie
                    File Size: 37.6 MB
                    Image Size: 1280 x 1080
                    Pixel Depth: 32
                    Frame Rate: 29.97
                    Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Mono
                    Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Mono
                    Total Duration: 00;00;02;22
                    Average Data Rate: 13.7 MB / second
                    Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.5

MXF File details:
                    UserClipName: FS Default Clip Name 20100819-124058W01
                    DataSource: SHOOTING

Access:
                        CreationDate: 2010-08-19T12:40:59+00:00
                        LastUpdateDate: 2010-08-19T12:41:02+00:00

Device:
                        Manufacturer: Focus Enhancements
                        SerialNo.: 0002EA0200024556
                        ModelName: FS100

Shoot:
                        StartDate: 2010-08-19T12:40:59+00:00
                        EndDate: 2010-08-19T12:41:02+00:00

MemoList:

Memo:
                            Text: 20100819-124058W01.xml

Memo:
                            Text: 3826YW

Memo:
                            Text: Software Version # 4.0.0.04080107

Thumbnail:
                        FrameOffset: 0
                        ThumbnailFormat: BMP
                        Width: 80
                        Height: 60

• 8. Re: Audio not synched with my video, new memory 24 gigs
                      Todd_Kopriva Level 8

After you've installed the Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update, delete the media cache files for the assets that are having synchronization problems (or clear your whole media cache if you just want to be sure). This will cause Premiere Pro to re-index and re-conform media. There was a bug in Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.0 and 5.0.1) regarding how some files were indexed, which caused some audio to be out of synch. That, along with the AIFF bug fixed in this update, makes this update crucial if you're having audio synch issues.

• 9. Re: Audio not synched with my video, new memory 24 gigs
                        dledwick Level 1

I just updated to 5.0.2 and I am having the issues described by others. I have cleared the media cache and re-exported the media and still have an audio synch issue. Do you happen to have any other suggestions?

• 10. Re: Audio not synched with my video, new memory 24 gigs

Is it synced up in Premier?

I had this problem with a project I was experimenting with. I kept using the same project file making many changes etc.. The thing that solved my problem was starting over with a fresh project, re-importing everything etc. The problem went away.

Also, are you using the audio recorded with the camera? If not, then I assume you are using audio recorded on something else and you are impoorting it. That's what I do. I have a recording studio so I want good audio. So...the audio that is recorded on most cameras is 48k. If you record audio on something else at 44.1K, you could have problems. I have had problems with that.

I'm shooting in the dark becuase I don't know your situation. Sorry if you've heard or tried all this. Hope it at least gives you some ideas.

Later

T