7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 6:25 PM by musal84482377

PLEASE HELP, HOW DO I LOG OUT!?

rootwalla

Hello,

I need to know how to log out an account in digital editions so I can access to my own and read my books. I have tried uninstalling but when I re-install, it goes directly to the other account with NO BOOKS! So, I am just trying to login using my account... I have spent so much time trying to figure it out, please help.

• 1. Re: PLEASE HELP, HOW DO I LOG OUT!?
          Jim Lester Level 4

You don't log out, you deactivate (Ctrl (or Cmd on the Mac)  Shift D ).  Note Deactivating your computer DOES NOT give you back an activation allowance so repeated use of deactivation will eventually result in a TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS error that will require you to contact support (http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions - click on 'Submit a web case').

If you want to share the computer with someone else, you will need to set up different OS users for each of you (as the activation is stored per user).

• 2. Re: PLEASE HELP, HOW DO I LOG OUT!?
            dsitab

this is some retarded ****

• 3. Re: PLEASE HELP, HOW DO I LOG OUT!?
              Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Nobody else seems to think so.  Did you understand Jim Lester's reply to

your post, or do you have another question?

================

• 4. Re: PLEASE HELP, HOW DO I LOG OUT!?
                dsitabb

The fact that i have to come here and learn about a shortcut from a staff-member is proof enough that this is a bad system.

• 5. Re: PLEASE HELP, HOW DO I LOG OUT!?
                  Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Let's roll back the conversation for a minute.

What were your expectations when you decided to use Digital Editions?  What

did you think it would do for you?

How did you learn to use Digital Editions?  Did you just jump in, or did

you read any of the information about how it works?

Why do you think that the software is not working properly?  Are you basing

your comments on what it's supposed to do, or what you think it's supposed

to do?

The software has certain design properties and expects input a certain

way.  There are some things you need to to first also, so that the software

will work as designed.  It appears from your posts that you think it should

work in a way that it does not.

Next, just to clarify, it doesn't appear that Jim Lester's answer to you

matches your first post well.  You didn't give us much information about

what your environment is (Windows XP, Win 7, Mac OS), what version of

Digital Editions you're using, what error messages you're getting and other

stuff that would have made an answer much more explicit.  Jim had to take a

stab at what you meant by your post - and from your follow-on post, I'm not

sure he hit the mark.

Also, Digital Editions is just one ereader support program.  There are

others, such as Bluefire Reader, Calibre and Overdrive.  Each of them also

has certain design properties and requires that you interact with it in a

certain way.  You wouldn't be any happier with those programs than you are

now if you took the same approach.

BTW: Jim Lester is not an Adobe 'staffer'.  And neither am I.

=========================

• 6. Re: PLEASE HELP, HOW DO I LOG OUT!?
                    musal84482377

I have the same question as posed. My siblings all share this one computer and have different Kaplan course books/accounts. Only one person can access their material. Did anyone find an answer to this yet?

• 7. Re: PLEASE HELP, HOW DO I LOG OUT!?
                      musal84482377 Level 1

I have the same question as posed. My siblings all share this one computer and have different Kaplan course books/accounts. Only one person can access their material. Did anyone find an answer to this yet?