5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2007 11:39 AM by _name

shockwave

_name
      using flash mx 04 / v7.0 / as2:

flash is publishing my swf's so that an end user must download shockwave player to view them.
      how can i change this?
        • 1. Re: shockwave
          _name Level 1
          has no one else ever encountered this?
          • 2. Re: shockwave
            Level 7
            What are your publish settings for the HTML tab? Or, are you using a
            custom plugin test?

Does this problem occur on computers that are known to have the plugin
            installed?
            --
            Rob

• 3. Re: shockwave
              _name Level 1
              am using defaults for all tabs under publish settings ( i have went through every nook and cranny of the publish settings - nothing about shockwave ).

have only been exporting from my desktop, so don't know if this problem exists due to the presence of the shockwave plugin.

should there not be some type of setting to designate whether a swf should be published for shockwave player or flash player? after all, how do all the games that require shockwave player know to require it?
              • 4. Re: shockwave
                Level 7
                Can you show the error message that you are getting? Shockwave, dcr, and
                Flash, swf files are completely different and will call for their own,
                unique, plugin.

If you are publishing with the default settings, then you should get an
                HTML doc that properly calls for the Flash plugin, or activeX control.
                --
                Rob

• 5. Re: shockwave
                  _name Level 1
                  there are no error messages.
                  i emailed a couple of swf's to my sister, who has the latest version of flash player, and upon opening the files she was prompted to download shockwave player. also, i went to a friend's house and placed the files on his computer and the swf icons were actually labeled in his windows explorer as shockwave objects.
                  this whole thing is very strange.