10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2010 9:01 AM by the_wine_snob

Author and burn any good?

yagart

I have an older version of Pro and now need a new program to capture, edit, author, and burn HD AVCDZ to Blu-ray. 1) Can it do all of this? 2)Can this thing do a good job authring menus/chapters?  3) Is it intuative or combersome like the older pro version? 4) Is there and easier/better product out there that can do it all?

• 1. Re: Author and burn any good?
          shooternz Level 6
          Is there and easier/better product out there that can do it all?

Better than what?

FWIW:  PPRO CS5 is probably the premiere desktop editing solution on the market but you need to find a DVD Authoring application for your DVD burning needs.

Checkout Adobe Encore but I am guessing this may not meet your needs and abilities.

• 2. Re: Author and burn any good?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

With AVCHD material, there is no Capture. One Copies over the material from the cards to the HDD, and then they Import those files into a Project, to use in a Sequence. This is done in PrPro.

When the editing is complete, Encore is used to do the authoring, and is a full-featured authoring application.

There are some "all-in-one" consumer programs, like Pinnacle's Studio, CyberLink's PowerDirector, Magix MovieEdit Pro and Adobe PrElements. The biggest limitation will be that their authoring capabilities are very limited, though pretty easy to use. If one wants a "big-button" solution, I would recommend that they look to those, but at the expense of the power and control.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Author and burn any good?
              yagart Level 1

Does not CS5 come with a authoring tool and tool to burn (I'll will be doing blu-ray)?

I hope CS5 has the above but in no how much is encore?

• 4. Re: Author and burn any good?
                shooternz Level 6

CS5 is a suite of tools that can include Encore.

Encore , authors and burns from a movie edited in PPRO.

What "package" exactly are you using at the moment for editing with.

• 5. Re: Author and burn any good?
                  yagart Level 1

Sorry, I'm not 100% clear -  So Premiere Pro CS5 comes with Encore that authors and burnd blu-ray?

• 6. Re: Author and burn any good?
                    shooternz Level 6

Depends if you have the Adobe Suite.

What program do you have at the moment?.

Suggest you check out the Adobe Product line to save us doing this little dance.

http://www.adobe.com/ap/products/creativesuite/

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Author and burn any good?