2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2007 8:35 AM by cenglishross

RoboHelp X5:  Compiled Help Not Retaining Formatting

cenglishross
      I have a WinHelp project created in RoboHelp X5 that is not retaining formatting when I compile the project. The problems involve several hyperlinks that are in the underling Word document and a couple of headings that are formatted correctly but neither the hyperlinks nor the headings appear correctly in the compiled help. Any guidance on how to fix this would be appreciated. Thanks.
        • 1. RoboHelp X5:  Compiled Help Not Retaining Formatting
          Brian.Mccaffery Level 1
          Hello cenglishross,

Welcome to the forum.

If you have imported the documents from Word, see Peter's topic for importing from word.

If this is not the case please post back.

Hope this helps,

Brian
          • 2. Re: RoboHelp X5:  Compiled Help Not Retaining Formatting
            cenglishross Level 1
            Brian,
            Thanks for posting. I was able to correct my first problem with the hyperlinks. My problem with the headings remains. I did not import a Word document to create the help; I created the project in RoboHelp as a WinHelp project (Windows-based help vs. HTML help was requested for this system). I have five subtopics to a larger topic and each is styled with Heading 3; only two of the topics retain their formatting when I compile the help project. I've tried reapplying the style, modifying the style and reapplying it but those changes have not solved the problem. I am thinking now that I might have to check the RoboHelp .dot templates and make sure the project is using those templates. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Colleen