3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2010 1:23 PM by the_wine_snob

how do i include the text in the transitions between pictures?

elementalidiot

this is my first time to ever use premiere elements and i've blindly stumbled around.  i'm making a glorified slide show it seems.  i have captions or text on every one of the pictures in my video but when i add transitions between the pictures i can't seem to get them to change with the picture. it just stays there until the transition is done and the next picture comes up? how can i get the text to do the same thing as what the picture is doing? help!!

• 1. Re: how do i include the text in the transitions between pictures?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

If I understand correctly, you will want to add a Cross-Dissolve to the Head and to the Tail of your Titles (your captions).

BTW - which Transitions are you using for your stills?

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - one tip: it is much better to Scale your stills to about the Frame Size of your Project in Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements.

• 2. Re: how do i include the text in the transitions between pictures?
            elementalidiot Level 1

any one that i think looks cool is what i'm using.

so you're saying that i can only use the cross disolve if i have text on a picture?

• 3. Re: how do i include the text in the transitions between pictures?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, let's see if this is what you have now: you have the stills on Video Track 1, and these butt up to each other. You have added various Transitions between them. You have done your caption Titles and they are on Video Track 2 (or another above the stills). To get those Titles to also transition, you will want add a Transition to them too, or you just have a butt-cut. The reason that I asked about the Transitions used was that if you had, say Dip-to-Black, or Cross-Dissolves for the stills, the Cross-Dissolves would be fine for the Titles. If you have used other Transitions, you will most likely want to use something that is close to the Transitions on the stills, or will want to shorten the Titles a bit, use a Dissolve on them, to keep them out of the way with the other Transitions. It will depend on which ones you have used.

Personally, I seldom use many different Transitions, so it's not an issue, but with some, I would definitely do the Dissolve before they started, and then Dissolve into my new Title, once they have completed.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful