4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2010 9:25 AM by mlavie

Extension Panel Not Shown in InDesign Extensions Window

mlavie Level 1

I finally managed to view Maria Gutierrez' tutorial on building a plug-in. The demo <sarcasm>very cleverly</sarcasm> does not provide instructions or a downloadable sample file for either the manifest.xml or the <my-project>.mxml file. I actually had to freeze the frame and manually write out what I saw in the demo.

I followed her instructions for copying the bin-debug folder (actually, she only gives instructions for MAC, and I copied them to the "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CS5ServiceManager\extensions\" folder on my Windows 7 as per the "Using the Adobe Creative Suite 5 SDK" PDF. I also set the registry value to allow debugging.

When I opened InDesign, I couldn't see my extension in Windows->Extensions.

However, if I copied the extension directly into the "D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS5\Plug-Ins\Panels" folder, the extension appeared in the list and functioned just fine.

I have csaw_indesign.swc refernenced correctly in my list of libraries and <Host Name="IDSN" Version="7" /> in my manifest.xml.

I'd really appreciate help here.

TIA

mlavie