3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2010 11:51 AM by the_wine_snob

SD Rendering Error mc_enc_dv.dll

Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Same project I was working on last week with no problems.  NTSC SD

Adding a title made in PR to a timeline, add some opacity effects, hit enter to render, and get a 50% opacity screen, and eventually a windows error: PR has stopped working and will close.

Windows event viewer shows it as premiere.exe module mc_enc_dv.dll.  this appears to be the dll that uses mainconcept dv.

Anyone see this?

CS5.0.2 production prem, w7x64, i7930

Only change since last week was what should be unrelated adobe updates, windows updates (that "should be" unrelated).

• 1. Re: SD Rendering Error mc_enc_dv.dll
          Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I looked at what restore points I have and found that sometime today I had updated the flash player from 10.x (that comes with CS5) to 10.1.82.76.  I could roll back just that change (no windows updates).  Problem gone.

So I reinstalled the flash update: no problem.  Installed the one windows update that was due: still no problem.

So I'm back to work and won't worry about it unless it comes back.

• 2. Re: SD Rendering Error mc_enc_dv.dll
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

My guess would be that one bit/byte went bad during the install... maybe during unpacking or maybe the spot it hit on the hard disk had an instant's problem

• 3. Re: SD Rendering Error mc_enc_dv.dll
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Stanley,

At least the roll-back and reinstall took care of the issue (this time).

One thing to keep in the back of your mind, is that Win updates and hot-fixes can also hose the video driver instantly. Other programs might never notice this, but PrPro will likely, as it interfaces with that driver more closely, than almost any other program. Just something to tuck away, in case you have other issues in the future. It was moot this time around though.

Good luck,

Hunt