4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2010 6:16 PM by pwillener

installing adoble reader 9.3.4

ghostghost20

Access is denied.
      File: D:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Local Settings/Application Data/NOS/nos01692//nos1E8.tmp

why i get this error at 69% installed?

and btw i checked that folder and i dont have that file (nos1E8.tmp)

help.....

• 1. Re: installing adoble reader 9.3.4
          ghostghost20 Level 1

i did alt+ctrl+del and i stoped stomething about adobe from there and i start install again and now i get this error

Access is denied.

File: D:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Local Settings/Application Data/NOS/nos02868//nos1FB.tmp

Access is denied.

File: D:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Local Settings/Application Data/NOS/nos01160//nos1FC.tmp

and

Access is denied.

File: D:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Local Settings/Application Data/NOS/nos03772//nos1FF.tmp

Access is denied.

File: D:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Local Settings/Application Data/NOS/nos03688//nos200.tmp

when i press ok on that error and start to install the program again i get this errors

• 2. Re: installing adoble reader 9.3.4
            MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

What OS are you using? Are you installing from an administrative account?

• 3. Re: installing adoble reader 9.3.4 (Access Denied)
              langrrr

Same problem when installing 9.4.0 on Win 7 machine. After about 5 or 6 tries, here's what worked for me:

Before trying the install again (and strongly recommend you install 9.4.0 vice the older version due to security fixes), delete the old Adobe Reader AND Acrobat folders/directories from both "Program Files" and "Program Data" on the drive where your programs are installed (typically C:\). Once these folders have been deleted, I was able to successfully install Adobe Reader.

The problem appears to be that one or more files or directories get the "Read Only" attibute bit set during a failed or interrupted install. When you cancel or abort the install, the installer does not clean up these files or directories - they're still there. Subsequent attempts to install try to use the same directories, but they're now "read only" and result in the "Access denied" error. Deleting these folders prior to attempting another install solves the problem.

In my case, the first error encountered was for: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Acrobat\9.0\Replicate\Security\directories.acrodata. I deleted the Acrobat directory (and all contents), as well as anything "Reader-related" in the  "Program Files" directory and the next install completed successfully.

Hope it works for you.

OBTW for moderators: the underline function doesn't appear to work - this text is underlined in the editor, but doesn't appear underlined when displayed in the forum.

• 4. Re: installing adoble reader 9.3.4 (Access Denied)
                pwillener Level 8

langrrr wrote:

OBTW for moderators: the underline function doesn't appear to work - this text is underlined in the editor, but doesn't appear underlined when displayed in the forum.

Almost all text formatting functionality has been removed, because spammers have been abusing them (e.g. by placing invisible links using white text).  Unfortunately this makes the forum even less useful than it already was.