1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 23, 2010 3:53 AM by Ankit_Jain

When I'm printing several PDF files by MS Excel Macro, I don´t get same order than i sent it

AlexDNMex

I have for example A.pdf, B.pdf, C.pdf, D.pdf, E.pdf, etc. then my macro sent it on same order, but on my printer, first get C.pdf, A.pdf, D.pdf, B.pdf, E.pdf. How can I get control on printing?

• 1. Re: When I'm printing several PDF files by MS Excel Macro, I don´t get same order than i sent it
          Ankit_Jain Adobe Employee

Hi,

I googled around a bit for your issue, and found  the reason behind the same. When you send files to the printer to be  printed, the list of files is sorted and sent to the printer in that  order.  However some files in your list may take longer to process than other  files so the order on  the spooler isn't necessarily the same.

You may resolve this issue, by inserting the following code snippet in your macro. Add it after you issue a command to print the PDF.

Application.Wait Now + TimeValue("00:00:06")

This will make the macro wait after sending one print command to the printer before sending the next one. Hence, ensuring that the print order remains the same.

Adjust the time in case the printing order is still incorrect.

Hope this works.