6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2010 1:44 PM by expeditionwest

title page doesn't update/change

Neofilm Level 1

Ok, it seems like this happened before in CS4 but I didn't try to fix it. Now I'm on a killer new machine with CS5 and it's doing it again.

I create a title, I then later change the color or anything about it and it doesn't change after i exit out of the title page window where I change it, it will change in there but when I exit out of it the change isn't saved.

Man, if it's not one thing it sure as hell is another with premiere. I am soooo close to changing to a new NLE, it's always something wtih Adobe crap.

• 1. Re: title page doesn't update/change
          the_wine_snob Level 9

The first thing that I would investigate would be the video driver, and download and install the latest one. What card do you have, and what is the driver version/date?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: title page doesn't update/change
            davidfletcher

I think so.....................

• 3. Re: title page doesn't update/change
              Neofilm Level 1

thanks for the prompt reply!

I have a Gygabyte Superclocked GTX 470

I have installed the drivers for it from the disk that came with it, but I'll look and see if there are more current drivers. Should I look at Gygabyte or NVIDIA?

I recall that I started having this problem on my old system with a GTS 8800 video card too, but i didn't try to fix it because I was about to upgrade to CS5, which required me to upgrade my whole system if i was going to take advantage of the mercury playback engine.

• 4. Sorry Adobe
                Neofilm Level 1

Ok, that may have been the resolve, updating my driver, after doing that and a reboot it seems to be working great now. So, sorry Adobe for displacing my hostility, I've been through a lot getting to this point in the game and Adobe definitely could have made it easier with better and American tech support. Anyways, hopefully this will be the last problem I have 

• 5. Re: Sorry Adobe
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Just so long as things are working for you, you get to rant a bit.

What happens with a program, like PrPro is that it will interface much more closely with the video driver, than almost any other program. Simple things like an OS update, or hot-fix, can ruin the driver, though many other programs run just fine.

The installation drivers, that ship with the card, are probably 6 mos. out of date. Same for most installation discs in a computer shop. If the tech has a disc, I can almost guarantee that it's out of date.

Good luck, and I would also update your audio chip driver too, just to be safe.

Hunt

• 6. Re: Sorry Adobe
                    expeditionwest Level 1

LOL, they're a Canadian company, eh?