• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to connect to localhost Windows 7 x64, CF9 x64

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2010 Sep 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been following along with the Lynda.com tutorial on ColdFusion Builder. Everything went smoothly until the part where I'm supposed to attach CFB to the localhost. The Lynda.com presenter is on a Mac. I am running 64-bit Windows 7 and 64-bit ColdFusion 9 developer edition.

When I would add the local server to CFB, it would sit with status unknown forever. Eventually I would get a message on the console saying

Error retrieving server version. Cannot perform the operation. Check if the server is accessible from web browser.

(I was following the thread about remote connection issues with great interest, but nothing there seemed to apply to my problem.)

I have tried a number of different permutations of installing and configuring the components.

• CF9 x64 Stand-alone
  • CF9 x64 J2EE piggybacking on IIS
  • CF9 x64 J2EE built-in web server

I tried these with and without the most recent patches to CFB and CF9

With the built-in web server, I tried using cfusion:8300. I also tried creating a new server instance called localhost on 8500. When I tried adding localhost:8500 to CFB, CFB locked up.

I have a feeling that I'm either looking in the wrong place or I have overlooked something obvious. I just thought of one thing I haven't tried... I will try to install the 32 bit version of CF9 to see if that helps.

Any other advice would be appreciated. Is anyone else running CF9 x64 under Windows 7 x64?

--B

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to check the system reqs for CFB just in case I made an RTFM gaffe.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=coldfusion_builder

ColdFusion Builder for Windows

* 2GHz or faster processor

* Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3, Windows Vista® Ultimate or Enterprise (32 or 64 bit running in 32-bit mode), Windows Server® 2008 (32 bit), or Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit running in 32-bit mode)

* 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended)

* 1GB of available hard-disk space

* Javaâ„¢ Virtual Machine (32 bit): IBM® JRE 1.5, Sunâ„¢ JRE 1.5, IBM JRE 1.6, or Sun JRE 1.6

* DVD-ROM drive

* Eclipse 3.4.2 or Eclipse 3.5 32-bit (for plug-in installation)

So, no 64 bit version, but the 32-bit should work... well - that's one less thing.

I tried 32bit CF9 but the server wouldn't serve any pages. I kept getting a 500.0 error. Adobe has addressed this:

http://blogs.adobe.com/vikaschandran/2010/07/08/altering-application-pools-in-iis-764-bit-to-create-32-and-64-bit-connectors-with-coldfusion-964-bit/

but I decided to shut down IIS and run CF9 as a free-standing J2EE using its own built-in web server.

Once again, CFB locked up when trying to add the new localhost server. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall CFB...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing. I am running CF9 32-bit J2EE with built-in Web server on port 8300 (cfusion)

The reinstall of CFB (including patch) has resolved the crashing problem, but now I'm back to the original problem.

ORIGINAL PROBLEM

• The progress window sticks on "Getting server status of {server name}" and the server status is "Unknown".
  • After a few minutes, the message says: Indexing {servername}server CFCs... and the server status is "Stopped"
  • That message disappears, and the server status remains "Stopped" even though it is running.
  • If I try to start the server from CFB, I get an error pop-up:

Problem Occurred

'Starting {server name}' has encountered a problem.

Ensure that the server is not already running, or another application is not using the WebServer port.

I created a new instance on port 8500

When I try to add this server to CFB, CFB locks up.

This is really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I should be relieved or concerned that I found similar problems in the bugs database. I guess I'm relieved that others are having this problem and that Adobe is aware... concerned that it has been a problem since the Beta and is still open :S

http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#bugId=81605

Based on the following bug, I tried running CFB as admin. No change.

http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#bugId=82274

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2010 Oct 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brien,

I too am running 64-bit Windows 7 and 64-bit ColdFusion 9 developer edition and receiving the same error as you.  I'm using the IIS server rather than the built-in server.

Interestingly, under the "local server settings" for the coldfusion server setup (coldfusion builder, server tab, add server) the version drop-down box is grayed out where it won't let me select the version.

Just installed today and my 60 trial is running...  did you find a solution?  I'll keep looking.

Thanks,

Lang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2010 Oct 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I have not found a solution. In fact, I'm still using dreamweaver cs4 because I couldn't move past this step.

One thing I haven't tried is CF8 instead of CF9. Have you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2010 Oct 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did I understand you to say the 60 day trial version is working with CFB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation