2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2010 8:19 AM by cn313 Branched to a new discussion.

After Effects Marker trouble *really urgent*!

cn313

Ive used mocha tracking data on several layers in AE to create After Effects "Corner Pin" Data and Convert them to Flash Cue Points using the Convert Selected Properties to Markers script.  However, when i want to render my video as flv file, it somehow injects only the first 4-5 CuePoints (from over 300 CuePoints)..Ive selected every single corner pin -point and AE creates for each point a marker but then  fails to inject all these Markers/ CuePoints into my flv file.   Can somebody please tell me what i am doing wrong??  Can it have something to do with me having two CuePoints (different layers) at the same time? If so, how come the first 4-5 CuePoints get successfully injected into my flv?  Its really urgent, i somehow have to get that Corner Pin Data applied to Flash..

Is there any other way?

BTW: Using AE CS4

• 1. Re: After Effects Marker trouble *really urgent*!
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          If so, how come the first 4-5 CuePoints get successfully injected into my flv? 

There are no other cue points/ markers at the same position, so there is no logic conflict. Otherwise of course there are limitations on handling such data, both in AE and Flash like AE only embedding the markers of the topmost layer in teh comp (if there are no comp markers, otehrwise those take precedence). Your workflow simply doesn't make sense.

Is there any other way?

Parse the data from an text/XML file, which I was suggesting from the start.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: After Effects Marker trouble *really urgent*!
            cn313 Level 1

"There are no other cue points/ markers at the same position, so there is no logic conflict."

Actually there is. I checked my flv file and it contains 4 CuePoints. The first one is the only CP at its position but number 2 and 3 (out of my 4 CPs) are at the same position. Thats why i was wondering.

Anyway, I found another way which hopefully works. I render the flv file once for every layer that has corner pin data. So i open my project, remove all layers except my footage and one (out of 5) layer that contains corner pin data and render it. I open the rendered flv file in RichFLV and export the CuePoints from that layer as xml. Once this is done for all the layers, i put together all the xml files to get one xml file that contains all CuePoints and then i open my flv file once again in RichFLV, delete its CuePoints (cause they are not complete but just the Cuepoints of one layer) and then import my xml file that contains all CuePoints of every layer and apply it to the flv file .

@Mylenium:  Thanks for your help