3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2010 11:21 AM by tzeng

Self-signed cert fails upgrade after making build on new machine

xbrotherx

I recently moved my dev environment to a new laptop. We use subversion for source control and the self-signed certificate used in my project (created with Flex Builder 3) is committed. On the new laptop, I moved to using Flash Builder 4 from Flex Builder 3. I checked out my project with the cert and made a release build. Now when the installed app sees that there is an upgrade, it fails to complete. I watch the system.log (on mac os x) and see the "signatures don't match" error:

Sep 20 15:08:09 MacBookPro /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe AIR Application Installer[57523]: The certificate of the installed app fails to match either the signature or migration signature of the AIR file

When I moved the project to the new machine using Flash Builder 4, I upped the SDK I was using to 1.5.3. In doing that, I also added the <publisherID> element into the application.xml file based on the AIR 1.5.3 sdk release notes here, https://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/air/1_5_3/releasenotes_developers.html. Still failed to auto-update or manually install over the installed version.

Is there an issue with moving from Flex Builder 3 to Flash Builder 4? Is there an issue with going from Leopard (10.5.*) to Snow Leopard (10.6.*) on a Mac? Am I missing something from the release notes of AIR sdk 1.5.3?

Please feel free to ask for more info from if needed. This is vitally important that I get this worked out.