6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2007 1:37 AM by misssulia

Laptop not showing colors correctly

misssulia Level 1
      Hi,

We are trying to figure out why there should be a difference in colors when viewed on a laptop, different colors too than on a desktop, its NOT my site though.

The link:
      www.pcnetsimplified.com
      Thanks if you find time to look, and it may be you could know the answer/solution without even looking. I happen to know there are several clever Adobe Community Experts here.
      Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Laptop not showing colors correctly
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional
          I know Apple has been notorious for this of late, but I don't know your laptop's brand but I assume the same thing. There are differences in the monitor types if you look when you build a custom laptop. These choices are usually a glossy screen or an anti-glare screen. Usually the latter is what is given because there are typically more sales from non-design use as opposed to design use. While there is usually not a price difference this is often the case.

Unfortunately there is no real solution to this. Because you can't just replace the screen of your laptop monitor, you would have to replace the entire thing. Just be careful the next time you go to buy a laptop if you are buying it for design purposes.
          • 2. Re: Laptop not showing colors correctly
            misssulia Level 1
            Hi SnakEyez02,

Well thanks for the very rapid response!

Oooh dear me he is going to be one very frustrated guy, I did advise going the usual route first properties/ settings, and looking at those by right click desktop but on a laptop.

I myself do not have the luxury of both enviroments lolol So the web site is ready and send everything up but it will look naff for all on a laptop yes? ~sharp intake of breath~ How does everyone else cope with this.

Has anyone contacted Apple about this dreadful problem. Whats the point in paying an x amount of pounds for software only to find that it does'nt display correctly on Apple gear.

I am disguted with Apple.

Thanks very much SnakEyez02
            • 3. Re: Laptop not showing colors correctly
              misssulia Level 1
              I made a mistake making mine the answer now I can't remove it..*doh.

Sorry!
              • 4. Re: Laptop not showing colors correctly
                Level 7
                It's not an Apple problem, really. Each monitor displays colors
                differently....

--
                Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                Adobe Community Expert
                (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                ==================
                http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
                http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
                ==================

"misssulia" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:f8fkfh$di$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Hi SnakEyez02,
                >
                > Well thanks for the very rapid response!
                >
                > Oooh dear me he is going to be one very frustrated guy, I did advise going
                > the
                > usual route first properties/ settings, and looking at those by right
                > click
                > desktop but on a laptop.
                >
                > I myself do not have the luxury of both enviroments lolol So the web site
                > is
                > ready and send everything up but it will look naff for all on a laptop
                > yes?
                > ~sharp intake of breath~ How does everyone else cope with this.
                >
                > Has anyone contacted Apple about this dreadful problem. Whats the point in
                > paying an x amount of pounds for software only to find that it does'nt
                > display
                > correctly on Apple gear.
                >
                > I am disguted with Apple.
                >
                > Thanks very much SnakEyez02
                >

• 5. Re: Laptop not showing colors correctly
                  Ben M Adobe Community Professional
                  Well it's not an Apple specific problem as stated before. Also when you custom build the machines you have the option of choosing the different displays (I believe Dell also gives this option as well). Usually images appear a bit darker or shades might be slightly altered. However, don't think this means your site will look inconsistent. The colors will still make your site look presentable.

Usually only designers will notice these issues because your eyes are trained to look for these differences where most people are not looking for this discrepancy. It's like the Aquafina water case ( http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/business/AP-Aquafina-Tap-Water.html?_r=1&oref=slogin ). People only care that it was bottled tap water because they are told it is so now whereas before people could taste Aquafina and tap water and would probably say that Aquafina came from a mountain spring. If people don't look for it they don't see it. So don't worry too much about this.
                  • 6. Re: Laptop not showing colors correctly
                    misssulia Level 1
                    Thanks SnakEyez02 and Murray,

SnakEyez02 I will have a look at that link. thanks for that. I think the poster with the problem has accepted his fate and changed the color to white, not my cup of tea but hopefully its not finished yet.