0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2010 6:18 PM by PianomanDave

Flash and Flash Player stopped working

PianomanDave

My wife was working on the dotphoto.com website that used Flash.  She did something that made it so that when we try to play a Show (dotphoto/s name for a slideshow) we just get a black screen.  She did this on her MAC desktop machine (G5 iMac with OS 105.8).  I tried to play the Show on my  MAc Book Pro (Intel) with OS 10.5.8 and I now have the same problem on my machine.

The desktop machine only has Flash Player. The labtop has Flash CS3 Pro.  I also realized that now when i download a .flv file from youtube  to my laptop, it no longer will play in Flash, although i can play it in Quicktime with Perian plugin.  I have downloaded Flash Player CS5 and I still can't play the .flv files, that used to play fine.

Any idea what could have gone wrong.  Is there a  preference or cache file that I could delete to see if it resets the software. Is there a way that I can download a  clean version of Flash 9.0 and load it over the one that is already installed in order to reset it?

Help!

Thanks,

PianomanDave