Are you using previous version projects? Could you please confirm if the name of images contains any special characters in between? If yes try to rename them removing those special characters and see if images are appearing in the project files.
filenames do not contain special characters. Some examples:
Further investigation: these files are reported under "Used files" report but do not appear under "Images" report.
Any other ideas?
Are you using project from previous versions or you are loading files from RoboSource Control 3.1?
No, the project was created directly in RH8 (and before now everything was just fine).
We started using RoboSource Control 3.1, but after we switched to SVN.
Can you try creating a new folder? We found a problem in RH7 where deleting the cpd file would cause some images to vanish from the images folder. Creating or modifying a folder causes the list of images to rebuild (well, I think all files, but I only noticed images vanishing). It didn't appear to be fixed in RH8 when I tried a project in that version.
However, it's not really an appropriate workaround when using source control...
Renaming the folder made the images re-appear.
So this is a RH bug. Hope Adobe will fix as soon as possible.
Thanks Amebr for your precious help!
Actually, renaming the containing folder is not always a viable workaround.
Sometimes it simply doesn't work. And sometimes you cannot apply it (eg. when the problem affects the root folder).
We found that changing a folder anywhere in the project 're-found' the images in the actual image folders we used. If this isn't happening for you I have no other suggestions I'm afraid. Please report it to Adobe as a bug, as the more reports the more likely it is to get fixed. I think there is a sticky topic back up in the Robohelp Support level of the forums.
This has just worked for me, but I cannot help thinking it is an ugly solution, as you have to individually delete all of the images from the original location.
I wondered if I could do anything with the CPD in Access, but with a project containing hundreds of images, trying to enter the missing ones manually is hazardous.
Just tossing out a possible workaround. I'll leave it up to you to decide how well it may or may not work.
What if you created a folder named images or maybe graphics. Then create one or more topics that only serve to present the images in the project. Then if you wanted a specific image, you would open the topic(s) containing the image and copy it from there.
Helpful and Handy Links
I found that just adding a new dummy folder under "images" updates all the names.