1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 21, 2010 10:22 PM by jd_ice

AdvancedDataGrid ColumnGroup and Column

jd_ice Level 1

Hi,

Anyone tell me how to do this correctly. I have an AdvancedDataGrid control configured with AdvancedDataGrid ColumnGroup with a HeaderRenderer that contains a TextInput and an AdvancedDataGrid Column with a HeaderRenderer that contains a TextInput and a Label. Now quick question would be, how do I capture the inputs from the TextInput control from 2 header renderers using a click of a button that was in the parent application?

Ok here's the structure.

ColumnGroupHeaderRenderer.mxml -> a custom header renderer that has a TextInput object.

ColumnHeaderRenderer.mxml -> a custom header renderer that has a TextInput and a Label object.

MainApp.mxml  -> contains AdvancedDataGrid and a Button.

so in the MainApp.mxml, when the Button is hit, I wanna capture the inputs coming from the custom header renderers.

I have already build the code for this actually, but since I'm new to Flex, I wanna see some appropriate solutions for this approach.

The way my approach is I'm traversing through every child of the ADG, but that give me a bunch of loops to get through what I want to achieve. Any idea to correct what I currently have?

Thanks in advance for the help, I'm trying to learn Flex one step at a time.

Best Regards,