3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2010 5:09 AM by DPlana

Changing activation on MAC

czagula

I downloaded a book which needed digital edition.  I did not know that my husband had already downloaded Digital Edition and activated with his login on my Macbook Pro.  I downloaded Digital Edition to my MAC and activated it with my login.  I cannot see the book I downloaded.  How do I change the activation back to his login so I can see the book?

• 1. Re: Changing activation on MAC
          DPlana

Try this, hope it helps...

Q: I receive the error "Error              getting license" or "License fulfilled by a different user"
          A:

1. Deauthorize Adobe Digital              Editions

a. Open Adobe Digital Editions

b. On your keyboard, simultaneously              press the Ctrl, Shift, and D buttons (if on Windows) or the Cmd,              Shift, and D buttons (if on a Mac)

c. Click the button that says              Deauthorize Computer

When you do this, close Digital Editions and upon restarting it, it should ask you to authorize with a current or new account. I hope this helps. I went through a similar problem on a PC so it might not be the same, but worth a shot.
          Be careful not to activate / reactivate the computer and or devices too many times, or you will have to contact customer support to increase your allowable activations of which the default is 6 computers, and 6 devices.

Good Luck!

• 2. Re: Changing activation on MAC
            czagula Level 1

Thanks.  That worked.

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 06:49:30 -0600

To: czagula@hotmail.com

Subject: Changing activation on MAC

Try this, hope it helps...

Q: *  I receive the error "*Error              getting license" or "License fulfilled by a different user"

A:

1. Deauthorize Adobe Digital              Editions

a. Open Adobe Digital Editions

b. On your keyboard, simultaneously              press the Ctrl, Shift, and D buttons (if on Windows) or the Cmd,              Shift, and D buttons (if on a Mac)

c. Click the button that says              Deauthorize Computer

When you do this, close Digital Editions and upon restarting it, it should ask you to authorize with a current or new account. I hope this helps. I went through a similar problem on a PC so it might not be the same, but worth a shot.

Be careful not to activate / reactivate the computer and or devices too many times, or you will have to contact customer support to increase your allowable activations of which the default is 6 computers, and 6 devices.

Good Luck!

>

• 3. Re: Changing activation on MAC
              DPlana Level 1

Glad to hear it. Happy reading!