4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2010 10:38 AM by Nikkokick

Cannot install CS5 on 64bit os!

Nikkokick

Hi. I dunno if this is the right section but I'll post here (move it to  the right section if I'm wrong). I just got my new PC and built it.
      Now  comes the problem. I cannot install any of the 64bits adobe programmes.  This would be After Effects, Premiere Pro and Photoshop x64.

I get the error message "OS requirements not met" or something simlair to that.
      I  can START the installation (which you cannot do on 32bits OS) but then  after a few seconds it stops and gives me the error message.

My rig is:

AMD Phenom II x6 1055t
      Corsair 16000mhz: 8GB RAM
      Gigabyte Motherboard: GA-870A-UD3
      Gainward GeForce GTX 460 768mb
      Samsung 500g Spinpoint 3
      Samsung 1TB Spinpoint 3
      PSU: Corsair VX 550W 80+

And of course I'm running a 64bit os (Windows 7 Ultimate)

And here you can see the system requirements for Adobe After Effects CS5:

# Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor (Intel Core™2 Duo or AMD Phenom® II recommended); 64-bit support required
      #  64-bit operating system required: Microsoft® Windows Vista® Home  Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 or  Windows® 7
      # 2GB of RAM
      # 3GB of available hard-disk space plus  2GB of space for optional content; additional free space required during  installation (cannot install on removable flash-based storage devices)
      # 1280x1024 display with OpenGL 2.0–compatible graphics card
      # DVD-ROM drive

As I can see (and probably you aswell) I fulfill all these requirements but still unable to install the appliactions.

Anyone that can help me? Thanks in advance

CS5 is original, not cracked.

• 1. Re: Cannot install CS5 on 64bit os!
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          I  can START the installation (which you cannot do on 32bits OS)

The installer is a 32bit app, so this is not a qualifying criteria. Do you correctly run as administrator/ default user? Anything going on with virus scanners, firewalls and all that? Is your hardware all listed as correctly functioning in device manager? Do you have all the latest Windows updates? Otehr Adobe software on teh system? On a whim, you could install .NET runtimes 2.5 and 3.5 or MS Visual Studio Express. Incorrect detection of the host OS often points to missing DLLs or other programs having overwritten sepcific DLLs. Running those installs should fix any such issues...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Cannot install CS5 on 64bit os!
            Nikkokick Level 1

Okay, thanks. My computer is brand new so it can possibly be that I miss some files?

BUT

I could install all the 32bits programmes but not any of the 64, that's what made me confused.

I will try to install the programmes you listed and such and then I'll come back and tell you how it went.

Thank in advance.

• 3. Re: Cannot install CS5 on 64bit os!
              Tim Kurkoski Adobe Employee

I'm going to play the skeptic.  Can you double-check that your OS is the 64-bit version?  Windows 7 Ultimate comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors.

Right-click on the Computer icon (on the desktop or in the Start menu) and choose Properties.  The System Properties window has an entry for System Type, and that should read "64-bit Operating System".

If it does, well, I'm not sure what the problem is.  Follow Mylenium's suggestions.

But if it's not 64-bit, then you have your answer.

• 4. Re: Cannot install CS5 on 64bit os!
                Nikkokick Level 1

Hehe. No problem and Yes I'm 100% sure. Im pretty experienced with computers just that I just got W7 (have been running XP 32 for ages) so I was confused.

Now its working. My solution? I re-installed W7. So must have been a corrupt file or something.

Thanks for the answers guys! Really appreciate it.