2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2010 8:40 PM by pwillener

Adobe 9

ragjag

I am operating on Vista Home Premium and I have Yahoo as my home page. Adobe recently automatically updated to 9 and since then every time I try to access my e-mail Internet explorer says it has encountered a problem and closes. If I uninstall Adobe everything, e-mail tec., works just fine. Any solutions out there please? I can't open any PDF files at the moment.

• 1. Re: Adobe 9
          Ankit_Jain Adobe Employee

Hi,

Can you please check what is the version of Adobe Reader installed on your machine. You can check the same by following the below steps:

1. Open Adobe Reader.

2. Click on Help > About Adobe Reader 9.

3. The version is displayed on the splash screen.

Also, can you check the following:

1. Right click on any PDF and select "Open With". In the window that opens up, select Internet Explorer and uncheck "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". Click OK. Does Internet Explorer crash now as well?

2. Try opening any other site via Internet Explorer. (Goto Start and type "iexplore www.google.com"). Does Internet Explorer stop working?

Thanks in advance for providing the information.

• 2. Re: Adobe 9
            pwillener Level 8

Since you have uninstalled Adobe Reader 9, I suggest that you try Reader 8.2 http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/8.x/8.2/enu/AdbeRdr820_en_US.msi, then update to 8.2.4.