6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2012 2:28 PM by D4mankc

How to export Fireworks image to MS Sharepoint

kmalone13

I am building a SharePoint site and would like to know how to export the image I created in fireworks to SharePoint.  As of right now, I can export the image to the SharePoint home page, but none of the links are in tact.

Can anyone tell me how to export the image I have created in Firework, along with the links, to the SharePoint home page???

• 1. Re: How to export Fireworks image to MS Sharepoint
          pixlor Level 4

An image, such as a .jpg, .gif, or .png does not have links. Images are, basically, grids of color information. In order to make a Web page with links, you generally need to have HTML. SharePoint, however, is a content management system and you often edit SP sites from an administrative page. You won't, generally, upload HTML files to SP. You need to learn how to create and edit content in SP, and that isn't a Fireworks question.

• 2. Re: How to export Fireworks image to MS Sharepoint
            kmalone13 Level 1

You did not understand my question or do not have an understanding of SharePoint or Fireworks.

I am building an image on the home page of the SharePoint site.  I need have the user click on sections of the image to take them to certain places within the SharePoint site.  The image has been built.  The links to the pages have been added to the images with rollovers, using Adobe Fireworks.  I need to take that image, with the links and rollovers, and move that to my SharePoint home page.

As of right now I can only move the image, but the links and rollovers do not go with it.  I have added it to a 'page viewer' web part on the Sharepoint, but all the actions take place just withing the page viewer web part, rather than moving the entire browser to the selected page.

Can anyone help with this?

• 3. Re: How to export Fireworks image to MS Sharepoint
              Jim_Babbage Level 4

>>You did not understand my question or do not have an understanding of SharePoint or Fireworks. <<

I'd be a little more careful of how you phrase things, friend, seeing as you are asking for help from volunteers.

This is an Adobe user forum, so it's possible not many people have much experience with SharePoint. However, the skill level of people such as Pixlor is quite high when it comes to Fireworks. And it seems she knows a thing or two about SharePoint as well, based on her reply.

You CANNOT incorporate links or rollover effects into the exported graphic itself. Bitmap graphics do not support this behavior. What controls interactivity such as linking or rollovers is a combination of HTML and JavaScript exported by Fireworks when you choose to Export HTML and Images. The graphics are just graphics without the code. If you don't use the exported code, all you have is an image.

Rollover buttons for example, must be sliced and exported as separate graphics, one for each state of the button. If you are using hotspots for your other links, that information is exported as image map code to the resulting HTML page. It is not part of the graphic.

If indeed, you can't upload or use the exported HTML code, you will have to find a way within Sharepoint to achieve your goals.

Jim Babbage

• 4. Re: How to export Fireworks image to MS Sharepoint
                pixlor Level 4

Hee hee! Thanks Jim! Yeah. My team uses SP as a document archive, a scheduling tool, and...many other things. We have a wonderful woman who can make it do all kinds of nice tricks. But it's a monster.

kmalone13:

Here's one place to start...

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263378(office.12).aspx#section1

Or buy a book. But how you add content to SP has nothing to do with Fireworks.

SharePoint is not just a Web host where you can upload HTML. If that were all it was, you could export HTML from Fireworks (although it's better to export images and build the pages in Dreamweaver) and upload that. As both Jim and I have told you, images cannot contain active links or other behaviors. You need a Web page - HTML code -not just an image. But SharePoint is different. You should talk with your SP Admin for how it's set up and what you can do.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: How to export Fireworks image to MS Sharepoint
                  margywan

just out of interest (although it doesn't answer your question) i have managed to export a fireworks image with hyperlinks and import it into sharepoint but i can't remember how i did it now.  i used a content editor web part and it was something to do with pasting the code from fireworks into the content editor webpart 'source code' thing. sorry i can't be more help - i'm trying to find it myself.

• 6. Re: How to export Fireworks image to MS Sharepoint
                    D4mankc

THere are 2 ways to do what you want to do:

Both invole the content editor web part. In one You will take the Image and load it into a image library  in the other you can paste the image and code from fireworks directly into the source editor in the content editor web part. If you choose to load the image seperately make sure you change the source tags

Hopes this helps - I'm a novice on Fireworks but an expert on Sharepoint..