5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2010 12:57 AM by Tom Tantalus

CP5: correct text entry box content from recording

Tom Tantalus Level 1

Sometimes during recording I erroneously type in wrong characters and then I correct them by backspacing and retyping correctly.

After recording I would like to delete the wrong characters and the backspaces from the text entry box content.

Until now I've not found a way how to achive this. One thing that I've done is to change the Text Entry Box to Textanimation, but the characters do not fit well into the background elements.

Is there a better way to eleminate some characters from the boxes recorded?

• 1. Re: CP5: correct text entry box content from recording
          Tom Tantalus Level 1

No answer yet . I wonder whether I explained my question to be understood well? Or is it that I am the only one who needs to correct or optimize captured text input?

GMDELL1_20101002_1108_00.jpg

When entering the "Programm" name I had to backspace wrong typings and then I retyped correctly. When the slide is shown, I want to show only the correct characters, but I don't know how to eliminate the wrong and backspace characters.

• 2. Re: CP5: correct text entry box content from recording
            Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hello,

Do think you will not get an answer on this, because you already gave yourself the only possible workaround, replacing the recorded typing object by a text animation. Captivate recorded your typing as accurately as possible, including the typos and corrections. I really think that rerecording that particular slide will be the quickest way to repair. Or if you do not want to see the typing itself, have two slides: one with the empty text field and one with the correctly filled text field.

Lilybiri

• 3. Re: CP5: correct text entry box content from recording
              Tom Tantalus Level 1

Isn't there really no other way to edit the typing recorded (like it is available for modifying sound recording afterwards)? I can't hardly believe that.

• 4. Re: CP5: correct text entry box content from recording
                Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hello,

Please let me know if you find another way? As I understand it the typing object is sort of a Full Motion Recording, but it cannot be edited by the FMR editor. Video and audio are assets that can be created with other apps and can be edited more or less easily. The typing object is typically Captivate, and the proposed workaround is replacing by Text Animation that can easily be edited, but doesn't work for you. If you want to be able to edit this object with something like the FMR-editor, why do you not fill in a feature request? Personally I'd rather recreate the object than having to hamper with a sort of video editor, because I believe that it would take a lot more time to get a seamless edited typing object. But really, that is only my personal opinion and since I mostly create interactive CP-files I do not really have a lot of typing objects, which explains my opinion

Feature request

Lilybiri

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: CP5: correct text entry box content from recording
                  Tom Tantalus Level 1

After your kind confirmation, that there really is no editor for text entry boxes, I have entered a feature request. I didn't this before because I could not imagine the absence of a tool or technik for that purpose.

By the way, for a single line input it would be possible to re-record the input, but I often have to record input blocks of 10 to 15 lines of program code because I intend to use Captivate for developing eLearning material for programmers. And I'm not a roboter that may be able to type such a numer of lines of program code without any typing error.