2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2010 8:43 AM by wfzen

AE4 can't recognize the in and out points in Premiere

wfzen Level 1

Usually I import a premeiere project and be able to edit the sequence. This time, it's a little different. The audio is not playable after the first 50 seconds. I have to extract the audio using VirtualDub and put the audio back in the Premiere sequence. Then I edit the in and out point from there. AE4 seems to see the video from its beginning even though I entered the time copied and pasted from Premiere for the composition.

So what can I do for AE to only show the time I set in Premiere?

Thanks for the help,

• 1. Re: AE4 can't recognize the in and out points in Premiere
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm going to assume you mean AE CS4, not version 4. (CS4 is actually version 9, an easy mistake to make.)

Obviously importing a Premiere project into AE should work. So we're going to need some more information before we can help. Such as, what sort of files are you using?

• 2. Re: AE4 can't recognize the in and out points in Premiere
            wfzen Level 1

Sorry, for the wrong version number. You are right, I was referring to CS4, not the old old version 4.

I found a solution. After finishing editing in and out point inside a sequence, I copy and paste the times in MP4 timeline. Then, drag the edited one to a new sequence. Do the same with the audio. Put them togehter in the sequence. After Effects recognize the new one fine with the right timing. The format of the video is SONY XDCAM EX.