I encountered a strange export problem with the video project I was working on. Source is 1080i and output was 480i H.264 (changing codec didn't matter).
When encoding inside Premiere CS5, it went fine (full CPU use) until about 14%. Then it simply stalled and progress was really slow. CPU use was at 0%. Only now and then did it progress a bit. Once it hit about 50%, CPU usage once again hit 100% and rest of the video was encoded rapidly.
But with AME, none of this happened. Encoding proceeded nice and smooth, without any hickups. Total encoding time was perhaps about 1/3 of the direct export.
I'm using a quad-core Xeon with GTX 460 (CUDA enabled for Premiere) and 8GB of RAM on Windows 7 x64. Premiere version is 5.0.2.
I tried tweaking all kinds of settings, disabling effects, changing codecs but the result was always the same stalling at 14%.
are you Nvidia Drivers upto Date.
Yes, I have the latest (258.96) installed. The same problem also happens with Mercury GPU mode disabled.
Funny thing, as I tried it again this morning with exactly the same settings, the problem was gone! Total export time was now about 1:45mins, whereas with AME is was 6mins.This speed-up is probably due to use of GPU.
Only change was putting the computer to sleep mode for the night
Looks like I'm not able to replicate the problem any more, so it was just some weird temporary glitch...